A7-16 Flying Probe PCB Test System
For Oversized Rigid Boards
The A7 Flying Probe PCB Manual Tester is a double-sided system with 8 test probe and is equipped with 5 high-resolution XGA color cameras. The A7’s linear drive technology provides high-speed, compact size, and flexibility.
- 16 Test Heads
- High-speed direct linear drives for X and Z motion
- High-speed high-throughput test system for back panel and server boards
- Lightweight carbon Z-Axis
- 8 color cameras for past optical scanning of top and bottom side
- Fast 300 mA Kelvin testing
- Tension option for flexible boards
- Test area 24″ x 39.6″ (610 mm x 1000 mm)
- Also available with 20 or 25 test heads for board sizes up to 27″ x 59.2″ (670 mm x 1500 mm)
The A7-16 Flying Probe System is equipped with between 16 and 24 test heads, up to 12 cameras for optical alignment, and the latest motion system design with direct linear drive technology for the highest accuracy and test speed even on large Format.
The A7-16 is designed for large server and back panel applications for the telecommunication industry. This kind of test products have up to 72 layers with a product weight of up to 30 kg (66 lbs). 100.000 test points are very common on formats of up to 1.5 m (60 inches). In combination with higher density electrical test becomes challenging. Traditional test solutions such as four-head probe systems or multiple oversized test fixtures for grid systems cannot fully meet the requirements in terms of speed and cost.
The system is designed to fully support ease-of-operation and best operator/machine ratio. The horizontal test position provides the advantage that one operator is able to load and unload heavy printed circuit boards. An optional moveable support table, which can be attached to the front of the test system, is available for loading and unloading.